Thursday, July 28, 2005

E-mail #8

"friend" wrote:

"By the way, do you really know who you are?! This is exactly what concerns me. I honestly admit that after all these 33 years, I still don't. The more years pass the more I get confused. I mean I can't accept this tangible world as a whole and I just feel and think there should be something more valuable beyond. Now that I'm almost independent, I found the courage to stop acting as the society and people around me expect me to do and I just want to sink inside my real self, I hope I can find it. I hope I won't regret. Take care,"


I wrote:

Dear "friend";

I know who I am. I am at a stage of my life that I can exactly say that who I am, where I am from, what has happened to me, what do I want, and where I would like to go. Now that’s only the knowledge that I have about myself. And that’s not enough. What probably I am lacking is the courage, which is all together a different story. Having said that, its necessary for you to know who you are, you only think that you don’t or just afraid of admitting to it, which in my opinion is perfectly normal. You see, we want to be good, good as a general word which covers all the aspects of our life which makes us happy and feel worth while, now this testimonial may be a little controversial, and that is that the others, may not see it as being good, and that is something that you have to avoid, looking at the people for their opinion on you, you should not give a damn about it. And as you said, you are doing it which is a step in the right direction. So don’t let this make you wanna sink to yourself. Only sink to your inner self to dig the treasure inside you and believe me you, everybody has at least one. You have much more (my personal experience!). Don’t think of the world as a place that you are living in, think of it as a living space that you have made it your world. This is the “Never Land” that we all have inside ourselves but may not know about it. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean to live in your dreams, make your dreams to come alive, and even if you die someday and didn’t achieve it, you will be happy because you were living it and towards it. Achievement is not important, trying is. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into dirt by decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by who we are. Just look, Don’t just look, See who you are, I am sure you will know, you are special, don’t ever forget that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home