Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Blind Owl

But the eyes and the wine do not confirm his existence. The murdered wife leaves no such traits. The narrator has had sexual contact with her. He is contaminated, diseased and disgusted. He has followed his appetite and has copulated like an animal. At the level of unconscious there is a fear of sex as "eating" and being eaten. When things are eaten they disappear, therefore one goes out of existence. Instead of being eaten he dreams of eating the woman, to make her disappear. from blind owl, sadegh hedayat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This book put me into a trance, some feeling like living in the middle of being drunk and nauseating. I like this book. At the first time it took for me more than one week to read it. I had headache during reading it. I think I should go over it again. In my belief we will understand new things ,maybe so different from the pervious comprehensions, from one book during different ages.

8:45 pm, January 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home