Tuesday, August 26, 2008

night walking

Cafes are deserted
Lingering rain coming from the purple sky
Common looks in the eyes with mine
Are asking for some change
I look away

Glittering reflections of street lamps on the asphalt
Makes me look up
A seagull flies by my head
Reminds me of the first day I met you
I wanted to play

There is this girl standing in the corner
Trying hard to find love
For the night
Ready to give her heart to just about anyone
It’s just a lay

This is a song that I know so well
Like a bright light shining through my window
This has been so long a wait
You are not answering my pray

How I tried so hard
To keep my distance from you
Not more than just a few steps
Having an eye on you
And the other eye away

I wonder if you ever knew
It was my heart hanging by a thread
From your egocentric cloak
That you had forgotten to pull away

Wound won’t fade
Hurt won’t mend
Heart won’t heal
Love won’t chase
My mind is slipping away

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

You put in words what I feel right now..
I so very badly want to tell you, time heals.. But I know I will be lying

5:36 pm, September 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, r u here still?

6:32 pm, December 31, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have told her long ago,
A friend she was to me
Said I want nothing
Not you
Not your body
Assume what you feel
Nay, I had no other way

jac

1:13 pm, January 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home